Concrete Catwalk // Baseball Cap

March 19, 2012

We had a very special visitor in town this past weekend, and that meant lots of exploring the city and it’s many sights.

Speaking of sights… my hair pretty much spent the drizzly part of the days exploding in a frizzy mess, so I took that as the perfect time to try out the baseball-cap-trend that I’ve been meaning to experiment with for a while now.  Wasn’t sure how I felt about it at first, but hats in general are my best friend on bad hair days, and this one did just the trick to balance out a flowy dress and my new spring wedges.

Do you have any bad-hair-day tricks?  I try not to fall back on the ponytail/topknot option too often, but sometimes It’s all I can do from leaving the house looking like a crazy person.  I’d love it if you’d share your survival secrets with us in the comments!  :)

Top to Bottom:
Baseball Cap – Gas station in Austin
Necklace – Clyde’s Rebirth
Denim jacket – Thrifted (similar)
Dress – c/o Lulu’s Swap at TxSc (similar)
Handbag – c/o Accessorize (similar)
Cuffs – c/o Kristin Hassan
Wedges – Faryl Robin, Gilt Groupe (similar)

Pin It!

• Reply Kimberly March 19, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Such a cute outfit – you look adorable in this hat and those wedges are amazing! :)

• Reply Supal March 19, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Only you and krystal could pull this baseball cap off!

• Reply Genny March 19, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Even on a bad hair day, your hair looks lovely!!

• Reply NadineisthatU March 19, 2012 at 2:42 pm

The Hat? Always, instead of goggles. And can’t help but be lovely in the skirt. But most telling, and considerate, too, is you being out on point on bandaged shoes after so much walkabout with guest. One can only imagine what shoes you wore on that occassion. I pity you, but your bravery in getting ‘back in the saddle’ and carrying on despite your tired tootsies – why that is positively inspiring> Voila!

• Reply Neris / Fashion Fractions March 19, 2012 at 2:45 pm

such a fun look! love the cap with the dress :)

xoxo,

Fashion Fractions

• Reply Grace - Stripes and Sequins March 19, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Adorable, Jessie! I love the high-low hem of your dress – gorgeous!!

• Reply Audrey March 19, 2012 at 3:22 pm

SO stinking cute. I love the element of fun this entire look brings.

Xo, Audrey
    audswan.blogspot.com

• Reply Frannie Pantz March 19, 2012 at 3:26 pm

This is a great and fashionable way to get on the baseball cap trend! I think I have a bad hair day every day, but hats def help. ;-)

• Reply Living in Color March 19, 2012 at 4:27 pm

love this! your St. Patrick’s day nails are so festive :)
    xo, elle from Living in Color.

• Reply the classy turtle ♥ March 19, 2012 at 5:04 pm

cute cute look!

• Reply rebecca March 19, 2012 at 8:15 pm

nailed it, my lady friend.

• Reply Taylor March 19, 2012 at 8:54 pm

Carrie would totally rock that look. I’m just going to run with this whole “you are my CB” thing, okay? You have also inspired me to text out this bball hat trend, though I dont have all that fabulous hair so we shall see. xoxo

• Reply Bettina March 20, 2012 at 9:26 am

I looovvveee these wedges!

• Reply Annie March 20, 2012 at 11:12 am

You look fabulous! Loving how you paired the baseball cap and jean jacket with that pretty dress :)

Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

• Reply Catherine @ Not Dressed As Lamb March 20, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Oh Jessie I wish my normal hair days were as good as your bad ones!! I do resort to the topknot myself (like today!), though sometimes it can be saved with dry shampoo, loads of hairspray and a fake plait headband… a bit “fuzzed up hippie” I guess. You my dear totally rock the baseball cap – I’m sure we were led to believe they’d never be stylish again but you’ve proved that wrong ;))

Thank you for the comment on my feature at Inside Out Style btw… you’re too kind! The shout-out was well deserved!!

Catherine x

• Reply WendyB March 20, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Love, love, love the dress. I’m so into mullet hemlines!

• Reply Anonymous April 9, 2012 at 6:57 pm

gorgeous smile

• Reply Nadia @ Chichi Blog April 9, 2012 at 10:02 pm

I’ve just discovered your blog and enjoyed looking through your past outfits but this is definitely my favourite! It is perfectly put together. I love how you teamed a sporty baseball cap and denim jacket with a flowing dress. As usual, got to love the jewelry!
    x