S&P-TV // How to wear Pink & Red

February 11, 2012

With everyone buzzing pink-and-red about Valentine’s day next week, I couldn’t help but think of this fun video I made last year about how to wear the two colors together without looking like you got struck by cupid’s arrow.

Nothing wrong with a little festive dressing, but I’ve loved this color-pairing for a while, and I think it’s a fun trend that lasts far past February!

What do you think… too Valentine-y or totally do-able?

Check out more Style Spice videos over on our YouTube channel, S&P-TV!

Pin It!

• Reply Nicole Rene February 11, 2012 at 2:34 pm

I think it’s a fun color combo for spring or summer! It definitely is Valentine-y if worn on Valentine’s day but I love it all the time! :)

• Reply Gray Skies February 11, 2012 at 5:53 pm

I love pink and red together! I’ve only worn that combo once, with bright colors, and I got a really positive reaction from blog readers, but a really negative reaction from my husband :) He says red and pink don’t match – I say it doesn’t matter, because the combo is so fun!

• Reply Andrea Clare February 11, 2012 at 10:12 pm

I’m not normally a fan of the pink and red combo but V-day is an exception.

• Reply NadineisthatU February 11, 2012 at 10:49 pm

I remember this from last year and it is still a
    critical’ piece of information, as I mix them and always have. Then there is my favorite combination, royal purple corduroy with red bakelite jewelry. I gave all my purses that snapped shut to my sister who is social director at a combination assisted living and nursing home in North Carolina. The ladies like to have a purse in their laps when they come to social occasions, and they love the old clasp type. Then they can keep a lipstick, hanky, and notebook and pen. It makes them feel like they are really out and about. They make notes and exchange cards and take them back to their ‘abodes.’ So, alas, all but one were given up. Two of them were “made in Paris, France.” But they would do more good for a vintage lady, than on my closet shelf. It is a great thing to do in nursing home, letting the ladies pick out purses, shoes, lipsticks, hanky’s, note cards. Little wrapped candies, too. There is lots of that stuff laying about. Little perfumes, or colognes, are appreciated, too.

• Reply Natasha Fatah February 12, 2012 at 3:53 am

I have loved red and pink together ever since I was a little girl, I’m glad this is now a socially acceptable pairing. Great tips!

xoxo

• Reply Jani February 15, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Totally do-able! Valentines is a theme after all :)

-Jani