Concrete Catwalk // Suede Shorts

February 23, 2012

Sooooo, you MAY recognize my sweater from earlier this week, and YES I did wear it two days in a row (but only for a few hours each time!)… it’s honestly been one of my major go-to pieces this winter, and I wish I would have nabbed it in every color.

This was the outfit I wore for my final NYFW event, and was honored to actually be the host of the Angel Court Jewelry Speakeasy + DIY Party.  We had a great turnout and I was so happy to see a bunch of fellow bloggers and creatives come out despite everyone’s crazy schedules, minor exhaustion and some drizzly weather!

Alright, time for you to come clean along with me… do you ever wear the same item (or even *GASP* the same outfit?) two days in a row?!?  I’ve been known to do it before, but now I’m wondering if I’m the only one – Feel free to fess up in the comments!!

Top to Bottom:
Lipstick – Cover Girl Lip Perfection Lipstick in Flame
Sweater – c/o The Limited (similar)
Necklace – Angel Court Jewelry
Shorts – Forever21 (similar – only $21!)
Bracelets & Rings – Vintage, various
Tights – Gift from Mama (fun lacey ones here)
Heels – Alexander Wang via The Outnet (love the more summery version here!)

Pin It!

• Reply Frannie Pantz February 23, 2012 at 4:24 pm

These shorts are fantastic! And the tights are super fun! Gorgeous photos as well!

• Reply Olivia February 23, 2012 at 5:09 pm

You are definitely not the only one who wears the same item/outfit two days in a row! I’ve definitely done it, I’ll admit. You look so cute! I love the burnt orange shorts, I just bought a pair of jeans in a similar color. Great shoes, too!

xx Olivia
    IWANTTHESESHOES

• Reply caviar taste February 23, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Those tights are adorable!! Great gift from the mama!
    xo,
    Lindsey

• Reply *Glam Chameleon* February 23, 2012 at 6:17 pm

U’re soooo sweet!!! Adorable tights, magnificent shoes!:)
    Thank u for your comment on my blog, it would be nice to stay in touch!:)
    kisses

Jelena
    glamfabchameleon.blogspot.com

• Reply chillairandperfume February 23, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Those shorts & tights look absolutely perfect together! Love it.

xo,
    Hannah

• Reply Lexie February 23, 2012 at 7:52 pm

I really love this outfit on you! The tights/necklace are both so great.

I am notorious for wearing the same item as much as possible until I get sick of it, forget about it for a few months, and then find it again in the back of my closet haha.
    The only time I’ve worn the same exact outfit 2 days in a row is when I discovered how comfortable/cute a chambray shirt looked with black jeans and flats or riding boots. Now I want to wear it all the time!

• Reply BmoreLoveLeigh February 23, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Yes, and there is no shame in it! My only exception would be gym clothes – no rewearing unless you wash in between!

• Reply PurplesPrettier February 23, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Those tights are AMAZING!! And I definitely almost bought those shoes… right before I spent my life savings at Zara. So much fun seeing you last night!

• Reply NadineisthatU February 23, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Of course you wear things more than once. If you are social and change for every occasion, you leave your cashmere sweaters inside out and hung near a cross ventilation. If you were raised in a boarding school or had a roommate who went to Swiss boarding schools, you learn clothing care on a world class level, complete with armpit shields, the proper brushes to clean, the blotting techniques to pull out stains. This is an art and people visit in kitchens while stains are being attended to. The soup is on, and the baby plays on the floor. The husband brings home flowers and wine, and a fatted calf, and goes to hang up his own shirts. If you don’t know how to hang your clothes over seas, well, that means you must be an Americano, who thinks the whole world runs for their needs.

• Reply Abbey Brandon February 24, 2012 at 1:03 am

Alexander Wang is a genius! I love these. You look great!

xo, Abbey (District Dress Up)

• Reply Bettina February 24, 2012 at 2:42 am

Love these tights and shoes together! The patterned tights peeking out the peep toe booties is a great extra detail!

• Reply audrey marie February 24, 2012 at 4:04 am

you look so great – loving checking out your blog after meeting you!! xoxo

• Reply Rebecca - A Daily Something February 24, 2012 at 7:04 pm

OK, those tights….your mom’s got great taste!!! :)

• Reply Sallytangle February 24, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Tightastic!!xx

• Reply Lisa February 25, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Wow, Jessie you look so sultry in that picture where you’re sitting against the wall :D loving the shorts and the booties!

• Reply Anonymous August 15, 2012 at 2:58 am

You’re thing is kind of the nerdy-joyous deal (always succeeding), but the sixth pic is pure-as-hell sexy. All are good, but that one is a special moment.