Concrete Catwalk // Mint Satchel

February 27, 2012
Photos taken by my long-lost soul sister, Tulip Louise.

After toting my enormous gold J. Crew handbag for the past two years, I finally bit the bullet and bought a great new addition to my everyday-bag rotation.  The gorgeous seafoam green satchel that you see pictured above is the newest member of the gang, and I’m excited to have added it to my repertoire as my very first real investment-handbag purchase.

I’ve never really been one to get that excited about purses (minus my beloved clutch collection) and would MUCH rather blow a little extra cash on a few new pairs of shoes or a fabulous vintage dress than the latest “it” bag.  I like my carriers to be functional both in form and in style, and truly, the most important criteria for me has always been making sure that that my go-to handbag will be able to go with all crazy outfits.

After being on the hunt for what felt like a ridiculous amount of time I spotted the Botkier Valentina satchel in a feature by two of my sweet blog friends (Thanks, Jeanne + Meg!) and just KNEW it was the one.  Up until that point, I honestly had not come across anything that could even hold a candle to my beloved gold bag, so I immediately began to try and track it down.

Long story longer short, it was completely sold out in almost every color (including the two I was considering), and I was devastated knowing that I missed out…  Obviously, you can see from the photos above that I was finally able to track it down, (thanks to the amazing customer service angels at Botkier!) and I’ve carried it nearly non-stop ever since – I love her so much, I think she needs a name… whaddya think?

Note: It seems to be in and out of stock over the past week or so, but try here & here if you’d like to snatch one up for yourself!  Also, a similarly colored but less expensive version here, and a smaller clutch-like option here!

Top to Bottom:
Sunnies – Anthropologie (similar)
Chambray shirt – J. Crew (similar)
Vest – Vintage (similar)
Belt – Clothing swap
Skirt – Vintage, thrifted (similar)
Bangles – Vintage
Flower cuff – Vintage (Similar)
Handbag – See above
Boots – Zara

Pin It!

• Reply Gillian Striker February 27, 2012 at 1:37 pm

very beautiful bag! someday i too will invest in such a bag – until then there’s f21! ;) also, i do looooove that skirt – absolute perfection!

-Gillian

• Reply Lacee Swan February 27, 2012 at 2:10 pm

pretty bag! love the color especially! I don’t own any large handbags, not sure how i have survived living in New York so long without one….possibly time to change that :)

• Reply Flavia February 27, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Love that color. I saw a similar few at Zara this past weekend

• Reply MyStyleLoft February 27, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Love the mint : ) My favorite color trend this season!

• Reply PurplesPrettier February 27, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Slightly obsessed with Botkier… such amazing bags. Stumbled on a sample sale two years ago in SoHo and stocked up for life!! Umm LOVE your nails in this post btw!

• Reply Jillian Nicole February 27, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Such a gorgeous bag, and the perfect colour as well! I’m also just in love with this whole outfit in general–looks like Colorado met the runway–so chic!:)

• Reply Frannie Pantz February 27, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Gorgeous bag!

• Reply girl in the poodle shoes February 27, 2012 at 4:28 pm

I think I love it! Great purchase
    Best,
    Casey
    Girl in the Poodle Shoes

• Reply Nuha February 27, 2012 at 5:10 pm

the bag is definitely worth it – it’s gorgeous and it’s an investment. love it! plus, it’s obviously making you incredibly happy. could it get any better?!

• Reply Gray Skies February 27, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Pretty bag! But what I’m really sold on are the skirt and shoes – where are they from?

• Reply Andrea Clare February 27, 2012 at 5:55 pm

your ring set is beautiful! Lucky girl!!

• Reply Santina February 27, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Gorgeous bag! I love it paired with red!

• Reply charity victoria February 27, 2012 at 8:03 pm

the print on that skirt is do-die-for. Seriously, so prettyand interesting!

• Reply Natasha Fatah February 27, 2012 at 10:39 pm

Yeah, another inspiration on how to wear my fur vest!
    xoxo

• Reply Michele February 28, 2012 at 4:15 am

That bag is absolutely beautiful! Such a pretty pastel, it’ll work with so many colors. I just bought my first (and only, for awhile…) investment bag in the form of a Kate Spade the other day – I cringed a little, but it’s worth it.