Concrete Catwalk // Conference Color-blocking

January 23, 2012
Today’s outfit photos by Modern Eve

What a whirlwind weekend I’ve had!  Attending Altitude Design Summit and having the honor of speaking on a panel there was quite an amazing way to kick off 2012, and I returned feeling both exhausted and exhilarated and ready to make this little blog the best it can be!  Get excited for a new look, easier navigation and some fun new features coming in the very near future.  I’m also hoping to get my notes together in a nice and neat little document that you’ll be able to download if you weren’t able to make it for the conference this year… sound good?

Image by b.a.d. photography via Alt Summit Flickr stream

The outfit photos above were taken on Thursday right before our Fashion Blogging 101 panel, and it was so fun to share my thoughts alongside some other blog-sweetie-pies (Gala! Jessica! Summer!), but I have to say that my favorite part of being a speaker was getting to chat with the attendees afterwards and making some new dear friends.

Speaking of friends, I can whole-heartedly say that all of the new (and old!) blog buddies I got to meet and see was easily my favorite part of the whole trip, and I’ve got a LOT of catching up to do on the new-to-me sites I discovered. Give a little wave if we met this past weekend, because I’d LOVE to connect online and keep in touch!!!

I do believe it’s time to pour myself another cup of jo and get back to work, but I hope you’re having a good Monday morning and I’ll see you back here tomorrow!

Top to Bottom:
Earrings – DIY (similar)
Silk blouse – Thrifted (similar)
Sweater – J. Crew, “borrowed” from my Daddy
Skirt – Urban Outfitters (similar)
Tights – Anthropologie (similar)
Socks – Target
Heels – c/o Aldo (similar)

• Reply Michelle January 23, 2012 at 4:47 pm

So fun getting to meet you at ALT! Looking fabulous as always :)

• Reply Rebecca - A Daily Something January 23, 2012 at 4:48 pm

I just found you through ALT tweets this week – I missed out this year and can’t wait to read your summary :)

• Reply Larissa January 23, 2012 at 4:51 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

• Reply Leigh January 23, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Loving the chartreuse color on you! I would love to go to a blogger conference someday, so I’ll just have to keep on bloggin!

• Reply Mary Hone January 23, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Great images, and color. What a cute outfit, it’s the shoes.

• Reply Neris / Fashion Fractions January 23, 2012 at 10:26 pm

love this bold look hun! green and blue look amazing together :)
    xoxo,

Fashion Fractions

• Reply julie @ the semi-reformed nerd January 24, 2012 at 12:23 am

That shirt is AMAZEBALLS. Seriously. I can’t get over the color. LOVE. :)

• Reply ilene @ muchloveilly January 24, 2012 at 1:48 am

love this outfit! i love colorblock anything and those tights are rocking!

• Reply Supal January 24, 2012 at 2:09 am

Oh wow, Jessie! You are TOO kind!! Would love to see what you learned. I won’t be able to make ALT until 2014 :(

• Reply girl in the poodle shoes January 24, 2012 at 3:36 am

I want a close-up of the DIY earrings!!
    Great post, love your blouse. Sounds like the conference was a success :)

Best,
    Casey
    Girl in the Poodle Shoes

• Reply Kristin January 24, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Totally crushin’ on that skirt!

• Reply KShonk Designs January 24, 2012 at 7:43 pm

Hey Jessie! It was SO great to meet you at ALT. I was the one that practically stalked you at every event to tell you what a sweetie you were:) I’d love to connect with you and am looking forward to checking out more of your blog!

• Reply Catherine @ Not Dressed As Lamb January 24, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Gorgeous, quirky look Jessie – I’ve seen socks with heels before but you’ve taken it up a notch with patterned tights… lovely. And the green is BEAUTIFUL on you!

Catherine x

• Reply Mara January 25, 2012 at 5:39 am

I love the color blocking! You look so pretty in green! Glad you had fun at ALT :) I’d love to go one year!

• Reply Alyson January 25, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Love the color blocking here… funny because it’s almost a more dressed up color palette than I’m wearing in my Monday post. Love the socks/booties!

• Reply la la Lovely January 25, 2012 at 7:33 pm

So nice to have met you at ALT…..So pretty…seriously and so sweet. And ok, I think you may know but your cards are the def fave of everyone [and their kids -ha..as suspected my little girl now wants to make her own style shakers]. Just wanted to let you know i included you in my post today! Here is the link : http://lalalovelythings.com/2012/01/creative-cards-alt/
    XO