Concrete Catwalk // Pretty Plaid

December 6, 2011

So fun sharing outfit photos from our very own stoop today!  Our recent move has taken us from living on the 3rd floor of a walk-up to living on the 4th floor of a walk-up, and let’s just say I’ve come to grips with the fact that stairs are going to continue to be a very prominent feature in my life.  The ones you see here are the first ten of my climb, and I’d venture to say they’re my favorites.  :)

We took these snaps before heading out on our first night out since arriving in Hoboken, and because 95% of my clothes were still in boxes at the time, I had to resort to wearing a variation of one of the “moving” outfits that I had been rocking for the past week and a half (ugh).  Luckily, I DID still have these heels handy from my Thanksgiving outfit, and I decided to try my best to what was a very casual look in a much more date-appropriate way by adding a chic hairstyle and some fabulous jewels from one of my favorite lines, Angel Court.

The results?  An outfit just right for a Mexican-food double-date with one of my fave blogger buddies and our dapper dudes.  Speaking of Mexican food: I’m sure at some point you’ll get sick of me talking about it, but can I please just mention how amazing the food is here?  I get overwhelmed just thinking about all of the restaurants I want to try and even the grocery stores are amazing!  I wish you could have seen me geeking out over the amazing selection at our neighborhood market the other day – A food-lovers dream!  Can only mean one thing… new great recipes soon!

Top to Bottom:
Earrings – Angel Court Jewels
Plaid shirt – vintage (Ralph Lauren!), thrifted (similar)
Suede jacket – vintage, The Flying Worm in Omaha (similar)
Bangles – Angel Court Jewels (similar)
Denim leggings – Charlotte Russe (similar)
Wallet worn as a clutch – kate spade
Heels (on sale!) – Sam Edelman, TJ Maxx

• Reply The F Girl December 6, 2011 at 3:36 pm

I get a complete sex and the city feeling seeing you sitting on those stairs :) Hope you had a lovely evening out. After all that moving I can imagine you could use a little fun time with some friends. Oh and the new blog looks good, cute colours!

• Reply Faith J. December 6, 2011 at 3:42 pm

I love how you paired the suede jacket with the plaid shirt. So exciting to be in your new place!

• Reply Kyle December 6, 2011 at 7:11 pm

You should definitely try Zafra, Anthony Davids, Madisons and Amandas. Those are a few of my favorite restaurants! Also check out the Frayed Knot and Mackey Blue for some unique and fun vintage finds. Pepper and Jesse James are also two wonderful clothing stores.

• Reply Larissa December 6, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Thanks so much for visiting my blog the other day, Jessie! It totally made my day that you commented on my post :)

I really really adore that plaid shirt, and the way you styled it all feminine-like with your shoes! So classy.

Also, your hair looks great in this post!

xoxo,
    Larissa

• Reply Hogger and Co. December 6, 2011 at 8:58 pm

I really like how you have the straps of your t-straps over your jeans!

• Reply Neris / Fashion Fractions December 6, 2011 at 9:27 pm

i almost died when i saw your shoes! IN LOVE :)

xoxo,

Fashion Fractions

• Reply Melanie December 7, 2011 at 12:17 am

GORGEOUS…as always! Love the new scenery via hoboken :)

• Reply Megan, The Frugalista Diaries December 7, 2011 at 4:39 pm

major fan of this look! I adore those shoes!

• Reply chillairandperfume December 7, 2011 at 6:28 pm

I love plaid, and that is some great plaid!

• Reply Concrete Catwalk // Leather Jumper | Style & PepperStyle & Pepper November 1, 2013 at 9:18 am

[…] – The last time I shared this shirt was from our very first outfit post after we moved to Hoboken… Can hardly believe it’s almost been 2 […]

• Reply S&P TV // Two New Episodes! | Style & PepperStyle & Pepper November 15, 2013 at 9:15 am

[…] from this blast-from-the-past […]