Splurge or Steal // Colorblocked Sweaters

November 22, 2011

i have a confession to make: my wardrobe this past week has been much more cozy-knit sweaters than sparkles and feathers.  we packed up all of our belongings over the weekend, and the movers came by last night to load it all into a truck and head to our new home in hoboken just a few days ahead of us.

when i was trying to decide what few key pieces i wanted to keep out until we’re reunited with our clothes, i found that i kept reaching for comfy sweaters in bright colors, leggings & flat boots (plus a dressier look for thanksgiving, natch).

i love that the color blocking trend has extended beyond a season of dresses and summerwear, and so many sweaters can now be found in the fun geometric print, as well.  there are of course, some gorgeous options at a pretty steep price tag, so i thought i’d try and find a steal option for you in case you’re interested in joining the “block party” for less of an investment. :)

top row: see by chloe – $, vince – $275, rag&bone – $275
STEAL: old navy – $37 (multiple adorable colors!)

• Reply I wanna be fierce November 22, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Loving the Old Navy sweater. That is a steal.

-Shakiyla

• Reply Faith J. November 22, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Splurge splurge splurge! That Old Navy sweater won’t last two months! :)

• Reply Sara B November 22, 2011 at 7:23 pm

I totally want the sweater from Old Navy too! I saw it in the store and fell in love! That top left one is super cute too though. Someone take me on a shopping spree!! Pleeeease!!!

• Reply Genny November 22, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Usually I am ALL for the splurge … but I actually like to steal this time. (I can’t believe I just wrote that!!)

• Reply Johanna November 22, 2011 at 9:43 pm

You’re my hero. Awesome find!

• Reply Larissa November 23, 2011 at 2:30 am

I love your post! Such a great idea to use those steals. I found that sweater at Old Navy and it looked just like one I saw at Macy’s…only $50 cheaper!

I’ve been reading fashion blogs for a little over a year, and I finally mustered up the courage to start my own style blog a couple of months ago, and it’s just getting off the ground. If you want to check it out, it would mean the world to me.

I stopped posting in it for a while because I got discouraged. Then I went back to a couple of years ago when you posted your very first few outfits and I became re-inspired. Thank you for that :)

my blog url is http://www.livingincolor.blogs…. please, if you any advice, comments or criticisms, let me know! I’m open to all!!!

thanks,

a daily reader of “The Concrete Catwalk”
    -Larissa

• Reply chillairandperfume November 23, 2011 at 1:51 pm

I actually think I prefer the ON sweater!