Splurge or Steal // Leopard Print Denim

November 14, 2011
current/elliott vs. spoon
i’ve loved the look of leopard print denim for a few months now,
and because the need for covering my legs with warmer layers is rapidly approaching,
i’m searching much more intently for some interesting non-blue-jean options.
i love this pair from current/elliot, but the $198 price tag isn’t in my budget at the moment,
so i’m thinking about trying out this less expensive option at macy’s.
have you tried this trend yet?
i love how the pants could still act as a neutral even though they are patterned,
and my mind has been busy creating outfits around them lately…
would love to hear what you think!

• Reply Genny November 14, 2011 at 1:50 pm

I would not try this trend – but you are way cooler than I am, Jessie! :) I have to say, though, that the current/elliott pair look much richer and have more depth to the print, while the macy’s pair just look … cheap. I, personally, would splurge on the more expensive pair, but since you can style things so fabulously, I’m sure you can even make the cheap pair look fantastic!!

• Reply Elissa November 14, 2011 at 2:12 pm

I would totally try this trend, though I’m not sure how I could pull it off. Looking at leopard jeans as a neutral, and pairing them with a solid colored top, might help. Great advice! There’s a pair at the Gap I’ve had my eye on for awhile – might be time to take the plunge.

• Reply Johanna November 14, 2011 at 2:14 pm

oh my gosh…i love these and spotted j.brand’s version at tj maxx last week for $28. true story!

• Reply jentine November 14, 2011 at 2:53 pm

I found a pair for $20 at Winners (Tj Maxx) and they fit great and I’m denim picky. I left them because I felt guilty and when I went back, they were GONE!

• Reply Grace - Stripes and Sequins November 14, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Wow – what a deal!!! Nice find.

• Reply Sara B November 14, 2011 at 4:33 pm

oh my goodness, JUST saw those current/elliott pair the other day and laughed at the price tag. those spoon ones are amazing though and such a good price! nice work!! hope AZ is going well!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxoxoxo

• Reply Hope November 14, 2011 at 5:52 pm

I saw some really cute ones at Gap too for about $70. I’ve been wanting to try this look, but feeling shy. :)

-Hope

• Reply Lacee Swan November 14, 2011 at 5:53 pm

love! love! so into printed jeans!

• Reply Anastasia from Natbeesfashion November 14, 2011 at 7:09 pm

Oh Jessie I love that trend! But I’m afraid if I’ll go to the lab wearing one of those the whole University will start laughing at me :(
    I love the current/Elliott if that makes things better.
    kisses :)

• Reply chillairandperfume November 14, 2011 at 7:13 pm

I’ve been seeing leopard print pants everywhere. I want a pair!

• Reply Nikki November 14, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Oh, I am far not brave enough for this trend, haha! But I LOVE the jeans though! =) x

• Reply Sarah November 14, 2011 at 8:17 pm

The C/E are much nicer looking…and I third the fact that Gap has a pair of leopard and they are subtle and cute.

• Reply Anna November 14, 2011 at 8:17 pm

I’m in the same boat as you! I have been looking for leopard or snakeskin (or both!) jeans for a while… I think the current/elliot pants are beyond gorgeous!!! However, for the sake of budget, I would have to go with the steal.

• Reply Jenny November 15, 2011 at 12:04 am

I like the look of the Gap ones, but my thighs don’t like the legging fit. So many of the non blue jeans lately are super skinny or jegging and it’s driving me crazy.

• Reply a Sequin Dress at Breakfast November 15, 2011 at 4:53 am

yes yes YES! girl i have been waiting for someone to find a better priced alternative because i’ve been loving the c/e ones but just can’t see myself rocking leopard jeans for too long, so this is just perfect!

kiley

• Reply animal print pants August 2, 2012 at 11:04 am

Wow – what a deal!!! Nice find.