Concrete Catwalk: Neon Plaid

November 1, 2011
this might be one of my favorite outfits in a long time.
(and it all came from local shops, thrift stores & clothing swaps!)
i wore it to the grand opening party at the new kate spade store on the plaza,
and ended up buying myself a little early birthday pressie while i was there.
you guys totally buy yourself birthday treats, right?!
(oh, please say yes!)
top (similar) – aryn k, ngb boutique (KC)
jacket (similar) – vintage, thrifted
earrings – DIY
clutch (similar) – vintage, thrifted
faux leather leggings (similar) – clothing swap
booties (similar) – thrifted

• Reply The_Leather_Skirt_Blog November 1, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Great casual/chic look! The leather leggings are supper sharp!

Yes, I do buy myself birthday gifts. I thought that all women did?

BTW… I just posted about my day wearing leather pants. Thought it might interest you? Hope you’ll stop by?

• Reply rachael adele // for the love of design November 1, 2011 at 5:38 pm

in love with that jacket. it’s good to get a fabulous outfit like that in before it turns into cold and crazy sweater weather here in kc!

• Reply Genny November 1, 2011 at 6:24 pm

The real question is: Who DOESN’T buy themselves birthday presents?

• Reply Johanna November 1, 2011 at 6:53 pm

Where to start!! I love the colorful jacket! The leather leggings are just enough sass but the clutch…now we’re talking! Just a big love fest over here!

• Reply Rachael // The Paraders Vintage November 1, 2011 at 8:38 pm

What a great combo! Love the pants!

• Reply Neris / Fashion Fractions November 1, 2011 at 9:58 pm

LOVE this outfit! The jacket is so much fun :)

Fashion Fractions

• Reply Anastasia from Natbeesfashion November 1, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Amazing outfit! I love the colour and pattern of your jacket AND your lipstick :)
    x

• Reply Catherine @ Not Dressed As Lamb November 1, 2011 at 11:06 pm

Wow – another unique and totally gorgeous outfit! You’re so lucky to have found that jacket, it’s a beauty and such a perfect length.

Thanks for the lovely comments on my blog, I’m stoked! Do visit again if you get a chance!

Catherine x

• Reply Santina November 1, 2011 at 11:16 pm

I definitely buy myself birthday presents, holiday presents and cheer up presents. I have no shame in the to me/from me gifts, and neither should you! :)

You are killing it in those leggings – gorgeous!

• Reply Brookelyn November 1, 2011 at 11:31 pm

I can’t decide if I like your blazer or leggings more! Love them both! Great outfit.

• Reply Lori C November 2, 2011 at 12:12 am

Super cute outfit again! You look awesome in those leather plants! Oh yes, I buy myself early birthday presents. LOL. I think its easier to justify the purchase. ;-)

• Reply Joanne M November 2, 2011 at 12:42 am

Big fan of this outfit! Great colors and play on length/proportions:)

• Reply NICOLE November 2, 2011 at 2:45 am

Hope you have a wonderful week! This Saturday I will be shopping for my birthday on the 7th, don’t know what I am going to get but I always get myself something good.

Happy Birthday!!!
    Nicole

• Reply Katrina November 2, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Love this! So bright and happy, plus those pants are freakin’ awesome.

xx, Katrina
    Sparkle is a Color

• Reply Merritt November 3, 2011 at 1:04 am

that jacket is badass! great find – love the booties too!

xo, Merritt

Manolos and Martinis

• Reply Vivi November 6, 2011 at 12:06 am

Great blazer! Plaid w/ bright colors. And yes, I am a big believer in buying yourself a birthday gift.

• Reply Concrete Catwalk // Punchy Plaid | Style & Pepper September 3, 2013 at 9:09 am

[…] from the past…  The last time I wore this jacket with leather leggings and the debut of my Chanel backpack a few months […]