Concrete Catwalk // Dressed Down Dinner

November 15, 2011
 i’ve been thinking a lot about “uniforms” lately, and i must say,
jeans, a blazer and fabulous heels are one of my main go-tos after the temperatures drop.
there are just so many different combinations possible,
and it’s such an easy way to look put together without too much effort!
this little combo was just right for a dressed down dinner party with friends.
i’ve also been reaching for dozens of different combinations
using my maxi skirts and chunky knit sweaters.
what’s your fall uniform these days?
(p.s. i’m wearing this same shirt again today as i fly back from AZ to KC,
and i love it just as much with leggings, a drapey sweater & booties!)
 earrings (similar) – betsey johnson
tuxedo jacket (similar) – j. crew
tee – c/o beauxx
toothpick jeans – j. crew
heels (similar) – shoe loft (kc)
lines bracelet (similar) – aldo
circle bracelet – c/o poshlocket

• Reply Elissa November 15, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Is there ANYTHING you can’t wear without looking completely fantastic? Seriously. I love your white jacket – I’ve been looking for one for months and haven’t had much luck. The button placement and lapels on yours is really unique. Looks like I’ll be thrifting for a white blazer or tuxedo jacket today!

• Reply The_Leather_Skirt_Blog November 15, 2011 at 2:14 pm

My weekend “go to” at this time of the year is often my black leather pants and a light sweater. Chic. Comfy. Multiple combinations. LOVE.

• Reply chillairandperfume November 15, 2011 at 2:14 pm

That’s what I love about blazers: You can throw one on over anything and look totally fab! Great look on you :)

• Reply rachael adele // for the love of design November 15, 2011 at 3:10 pm

oh man, those shoes!! i have never heard of shoe loft before where is that located?

• Reply Michelle November 15, 2011 at 3:19 pm

tights and oversized sweater/shirt. or a blazer over anything!

• Reply Supal November 15, 2011 at 3:42 pm

I seriously LOVE fall. I like to go with cardigans with a skinny belt or long drape-y sweaters with leggings. But my new look this year (since I’m finally a professional!) is anything with a fitted blazer!

• Reply Genny November 15, 2011 at 5:24 pm

A dress, tights and heeled boots tend to be my work uniform when the temperature drops. I have to force myself to be a bit more creative now and then. :)

• Reply sea to shining port November 15, 2011 at 6:01 pm

I totally agree, Genny! I love my dresses, with tights and winter boots. I’m finally at a work place with no dress code, and it’s been fun to experiment!

– Caitlin at seatoshiningport.blogspot.com

• Reply Nuha November 15, 2011 at 6:11 pm

i love blazer , tshirt, & jeans outfit -there is something so incredibly sexy about it. kind of like an ” i dont care” vibe :)

• Reply Neris / Fashion Fractions November 15, 2011 at 9:09 pm

obsessing over your shoes! looking gorgeous as always :)

xoxo,

Fashion Fractions

• Reply kelsey williams November 15, 2011 at 9:54 pm

those heels are amazing! i have been wanting to do the graphic t/blazer look…now i have to try it asap! love it!

• Reply knockedupfabulous November 16, 2011 at 11:54 am

This uniform is great! Nothing like a cute little blazer…and those shoes are show stoppers for sure! My go-to casual outfit has been rolled up boyfriends with oversized sweaters and flats…perfect for running around or lounging.

• Reply The Purple Carrot November 16, 2011 at 2:53 pm

I’m loving those shoes!!

• Reply GFS November 18, 2011 at 6:22 pm

I am in love with this look! You look like a rock star’s wife!

Which is my goal most days…to be a rock star’s wife. LOL

That shoes give me LIFE!

• Reply Kyla November 19, 2011 at 12:39 am

This oufit is so BADASS! I’ve been dreaming of that shirt ever since you posted it a while back. I’m a Scorpio, too – today, in fat!

• Reply jessie @ the concrete catwalk November 19, 2011 at 2:15 am

thanks everyone!!!

haha, GFS – i think my husband is a rockstar, so your comment was perfect! :)