Concrete Catwalk // New Jersey & FNO

September 19, 2011
the second full day of my NYFW trip was definitely a long one!
i started by taking the train out to the newark airport to pick up gerard
who had flown into town for a few days (for work related stuff).
we spent the afternoon/evening exploring a few small towns in new jersey,
and then had an amazing dinner in hoboken before parting ways
so that he could rest up for his meetings the next day
and i could do my thang for fashion’s night out in the city.
i had to make sure to grab a few outfit photos while i had him around,
and i only wish we would have snapped some shots of how i changed it up for dinner.
i ditched the henley, wrapped the scarf around me like a tube top & tucked it into the skirt!
classed the whole look up a little bit, while still keeping it cazsh.
necklaces (similar) – vintage, thrifted
scarf (similar) – urban outfitters
henley – j. crew
jacket (similar) – j. crew
skirt (similar) – forever21
flats – sam edelman
fingernails – CND shellac #42
watches – my own, and c/o la mer
bangles (similar) – j. crew
melanie, meg, me & taylor
the fashion’s night out adventure was pretty unreal.
the entire city seemed to be dressed up and out shopping,
and even though i was exhausted,
i made sure i got a chance to experience it with some friends.
our plan was to start off at bergdorf goodman’s
but we ended up just staying in that general area
because it was SO hard to get around the city!
 check out the crowded shoe salon at bergdorf’s!
oh man, i could REALLY plan some cute outfits around those red kitty wedges.
after browsing around a bit, we decided to ditch the crowds
and snuck away to have drinks at the peninsula hotel rooftop bar.
a majorly good call.  here are some shots of the scenery that i snapped while we walked:
the above two shots are of the crazy window displays at bergdorf’s!
with live mannequins!
this was the view from our little hideout! such yummy drinks and even better company!
as if that weren’t enough fun… meg and i capped off the night with a sleepover
and must have talked until like 3 in the morning.
… the fun continued on friday with 3 separate blogging events!
more outfit photos and recaps to come soon!

• Reply Faith J. September 19, 2011 at 3:57 pm

You have the most creative way of putting outfits together that really work. Love it!

• Reply Frannie Pantz September 19, 2011 at 4:26 pm

Looks like such a fun time! I love your leopard shoes! What a great look! Happy Monday to you!

• Reply Urban Nester September 19, 2011 at 4:26 pm

You look amazing! I love those cheetah loafers.

I’d love for you to come by my style blog.
    xo.

• Reply Santina September 19, 2011 at 4:31 pm

You do casual but chic so well! I love your leopard loafers…though I have to admit that those leopard kitty shoes have kinda stolen my heart! How adorable are they?!?

• Reply Supal September 19, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Love these pictures! It was definitely unreal! I loved the street fashion, people just break out of their shell for that week. PS – I need to get a pair of leopard print loafers, thanks for the inspo!

• Reply chillairandperfume September 19, 2011 at 9:39 pm

those leopard print shoes you’re wearing are, like, my favorite shoes in the entire world. love!

• Reply Myrna September 19, 2011 at 11:52 pm

You look so cute. And those shoes are awesome wish they were still for sale. I believe they are sold out :(
    I can’t believe you met Ms. TAYLOR ,I love her as well.

XO MYRNA

• Reply Genny September 20, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Jessie, I wish you worked at Vogue. Then you could be featured in their “5 days, 5 looks, 1 girl” series … where you would totally blow all the other Vogues girls out of the water. :)

• Reply Rebecca September 20, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Oh my gosh! That’s my town in the background! I hope you had a great time in NJ!