Life // Big News… A Big Move!

September 30, 2011
i don’t often get very personal here on the blog
(the first year of posts barely had more than just a few words per piece!),
but i’ve got lots to say today. :)
gosh- where to start?
september has been a big big month at casa de concrete catwalk.
what i thought would be a nice productive endcap to a very busy
but super-fun summer has become a whirlwind month that is practically over…
i kicked it off with a week visitng NYC for lots of fashion fun
and now we’re wrapping it up with a BIG announcement.
ready?
we're-moving
gerard and sadie and i are moving to new jersey!
perhaps you’d like an explanation? sweet g received a wonderful offer for a new position within the company he works for, doing pretty much exactly what he wants to do, with an incredible team, a stimulating environment & lots of room for growth.
(so proud of you, honey!)
we’ll be living in the adorable city of hoboken, and he’ll commute to another town for work so that we can be a part of a community that “feels like us”, and so that i can be conveniently close to manhattan. whatta guy! i’m absolutely over-the-moon thinking about all of the potential opportunities that this will create for both style & pepper and the concrete catwalk!!!
it feels so strange to type all of this out here on the blog, and it still continues to hit me a little more each day, but we’re very excited to begin a new adventure together!  change has always been good to us, and we’re looking forward to exploring a new area and setting up our new home together. i have so many sweet friends that live in new york (including at least a dozen that i grew up with – i counted!) and i’m looking forward to connecting with everyone and, of course, meeting lots of new pals!
we will miss our adopted hometown of kansas city very VERY much, and our precious circle of friends that feel more like family will never be replaced. i cannot even find the words to express how richly blessed our life here has been!
i must also say a quick but heartfelt thanks to the clients, cheerleaders, advertisers & creative collaboration partners who have been a part of this site and have helped make it possible for me to have my dream job. :)  i so appreciate your involvement, encouragement & support and am looking forward to seeing how this move positively affects both the blog and the business.  on that note, if you or anyone you know is looking for a wardrobe stylist, on-air personality, or fashion blogger to help enhance their brand, please feel free to pass along my contact info!
lastly, i want to give a HUGE warm virtual-hug to all the readers of this blog. i’m truly so touched that you bother to swing by when you do, and i don’t say it enough! i consider you all my friends (even YOU – i know we’ve never met, but i just know you’re great!), and every comment, twitter follow, facebook like, and click mean the world to me.
have a great friday for me, ok? i’ve got a weekend wishlist all ready for you tomorrow, and several great new outfits posts & a DIY ready for next week!

BIG x’s & o’s – jessie

• Reply rachel September 30, 2011 at 12:16 pm

congrats! i’ve been following your blog for a long time now, but don’t always have time to comment, but this is really exciting! wishing you lots of luck!

– rachel.

• Reply Courtney September 30, 2011 at 12:16 pm

oh goodness that is very exciting, congrats it sounds like an amazing opportunity for both of you! We will miss you lots here in KC!

• Reply S September 30, 2011 at 12:43 pm

congrats on the big move J!!!

• Reply kimberlyloc September 30, 2011 at 12:51 pm

congratulations! what a wonderful opportunity for both of you. i just discovered your blog about a month ago and have been loving every minute of it. excited to see how it evolves as you move out east.

xo,
    kim

• Reply Genny September 30, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Congratulations and good luck!!!

• Reply Paco+Lupe September 30, 2011 at 12:58 pm

wow! congratulations!!! you can check out the cake boss – love that show.
    have fun with the moving plans!!!
    -celia

• Reply Melody September 30, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Congradulations!! I’m from Hoboken & still work there! There are so many good resturants and boutiques to shop in..I think your going to love it!

• Reply Supal September 30, 2011 at 1:25 pm

omg! YAY! Hoboken is FANTASTIC and home to Cake Boss!! Plus, I hope this means that I will finally get to meet you! Good luck with the move, it will definitely be a great opportunity for the both of you :)

• Reply Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. September 30, 2011 at 1:26 pm

Congrats!! Sounds like a very cool new opportunity!!

XO
    Lenore

• Reply amanda September 30, 2011 at 1:26 pm

how exciting!!!!!!! i hope your new hometown is as good to you as kansas city has been and that your transition is an easy one. can’t wait to hear more about this new chapter in your life!!!

• Reply Shanna September 30, 2011 at 1:39 pm

i had butterflies as i read this post! so excited for you but so sad for ME. i can’t wait to visit hoboken.

• Reply Leslie September 30, 2011 at 1:52 pm

congrats! How exciting! I cant wait to follow your journey!

• Reply Faith J. September 30, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Wow! Congrats! We’ll miss you here in the Midwest, but you guys are moving on to bigger and better things! So exciting…

• Reply Emily Allison September 30, 2011 at 2:50 pm

congrats!! now hopefully I’ll have a better chance of finally meeting you!!!

• Reply Gina September 30, 2011 at 2:55 pm

So exciting! I can’t wait to see concrete catwalk outfit posts from NYC :).

• Reply Chelle September 30, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Congratulations! How exciting! I’m so happy for you!

• Reply Gray Skies September 30, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Congrats! Moving somewhere new is always the best and the worst thing in the world :) I’m sure you’ll love it!

• Reply Danielle September 30, 2011 at 4:26 pm

Congrats! I live 10 minutes away from Hoboken. It’s a great town. :)

• Reply Paula September 30, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Congrats, Jessie! How exciting and what a wonderful opportunity for all of you! Love Hoboken and can’t wait to see your posts from NYC!

• Reply Natalie | The Bobby Pin September 30, 2011 at 4:46 pm

Congratulations! SO exciting. A move is always an exciting change of pace and place.

• Reply Sara B September 30, 2011 at 5:15 pm

So excited for you smushy and so proud of you!!! What an exciting new adventure this will be. Can’t wait to see how everything unfolds and to come visit you and go shopping in NY together obviiiiiii!!!!! Love youuu!! xoxo

• Reply The Purple Carrot September 30, 2011 at 6:01 pm

Congrats, you guys!! Sad to see you go, but, oh, how much fun you will have!!! Erik grew up right around Manhattan and we seriously contemplated moving there ourselves but decided regular visits would have to do. Maybe I’ll see you there sometime on a visit ;)

• Reply Jaclyn September 30, 2011 at 8:06 pm

How exciting!!! ;) Change is always a good thing. a LOAD of opportunity awaits you … I feel it. Get em’ girl! I am more likely to be in NYC than MO — so most likely will meet one day soon!

• Reply kelsey williams September 30, 2011 at 8:18 pm

oh my gosh! that is BIG news! congrats! i’m so excited to see what opportunities are out there for you! the midwest will surely miss you!!!

• Reply carlyklock September 30, 2011 at 8:52 pm

so exciting! i’m so happy for you!

• Reply Tieka, Selective Potential September 30, 2011 at 9:46 pm

Aww, yayayayay! This is SO exciting!! xo

• Reply Grace - Stripes and Sequins September 30, 2011 at 10:05 pm

YAAAAYYYY!!! DIY party ASAP!

• Reply Ria September 30, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Congratulations that seriously amazing! Kudos to you both.

• Reply Cindy September 30, 2011 at 11:42 pm

Can’t mention Hoboken without thinking of Sinatra. What fun to live in Ol’ Blue Eyes’ hometown! And, you will have a new Catwalk!

• Reply Myrna October 1, 2011 at 1:42 am

OMG so lucky!Congrats!!!!!to you and your hubby! Can’t wait to see pics and enjoy this journey of future posts. Much love and luck!

xx-Myrna

• Reply Terri October 1, 2011 at 2:02 am

Oh, this is bittersweet for me! You will leave a big hole in the KC style community, but I am happy for you both. And please keep blogging where ever you are!

• Reply Snazzy Dollface October 1, 2011 at 3:20 am

WOW Jessie.. this is a great opportunity for you as well as your hubby… I’m excited for you!!!

• Reply caroline October 1, 2011 at 3:25 am

Yay! So excited for the news to be official! Can’t wait to get you closer to NYC! Let me know if I can help with the move in anyway! xo

• Reply taimitogetdressed.com October 1, 2011 at 6:18 pm

Yay! Congrats and good luck with the move! I am moving to Brooklyn in 2 weeks and it does not seem real at all yet either. We should be friends :)

• Reply b896d902-ec7e-11e0-832f-000bcdcb8a73 October 1, 2011 at 10:43 pm

I’m a Hoboken native, born and raised. Welcome! Its the best little town in the world!

• Reply the classy turtle ♥ October 3, 2011 at 8:24 pm

oh my this is so exciting!!!! so happy for you!!

• Reply Kyla October 6, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Yay for the east coast! We will have to get together again someday :)