Concrete Catwalk // Tulips

June 16, 2011
this darling tulip scarf was sent to me by sweet katy from kansas couture
and i couldn’t help adding a flowy favorite (also seen here)
and an edgy DIY skirt (seen originally here) to complete the look.
oh, and a hot pink belt + a flower necklace seemed pretty necessary, too.
speaking of hot pink… did you see how jentine rocked DVF scarf i sent her for the scarf swap?
uh, amazing. you’ll have to pop over and see for yourself.
and don’t forget to sign up for the swap – instructions & details here!

i thought i’d also share a TCC TV video i did a little while ago
that shows you how to tie your scarves into a fun turban or headband…
perfect for an easy summer ‘do and great for protecting your locks from the summer sun!

outfit details from above:
scarf – katy
necklace – anthropologie
flowy tank – hemline
skirt – vintage, thrifted (altered by me)
belt – j. crew
sandals – target

• Reply Elissa June 16, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Super, duper pretty. I adore your neon belt and that skirt is divine! You look cool and comfortable, which is something I totes value during these super hot summer days. I’m pinning this outfit in Pinterest!

• Reply Leah June 16, 2011 at 2:43 pm

I love the playfulness of this outfit! That scarf rocks too!

xo L.

• Reply vanda June 16, 2011 at 3:01 pm

You are so pretty and happy! I love the positive energy you GIVE me when I saw your blog! Daily visit obliged!

• Reply Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. June 16, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Great pictures and I love how you tied the headscarf. I was reading along thinking…I wonder how to do that – and of course – there was the tutorial. Thanks!!

XO
    Lenore

• Reply Kansas Couture June 16, 2011 at 3:23 pm

You look impossibly pretty and cool to boot!

• Reply Alessandra June 16, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Ready and gorgeous for summer.

• Reply Angela June 16, 2011 at 4:56 pm

Ohhh, you look wonderful! I love the layered, floaty tank with the scalloped hem on the skirt, the floral necklace, the color scheme…well done! Regarding the arabesque, are you a dancer? Or did the outfit just inspire you and make you feel graceful? :)

• Reply Sara B June 16, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Gah!! You’re so adorable!! That scarf looks amazing on you! Wish I could pull that off. Love the sparkles and neon together too! :)

• Reply Anna June 16, 2011 at 5:36 pm

I love the proportions of this outfit! The asymmetrical top looks awesome with the scalloped skirt. And I love that turban look- wish I could do it in my hair but scarves always fall out (my hair is stick straight and slippery).

• Reply jessie @ the concrete catwalk June 16, 2011 at 7:25 pm

hooray for flowy tops in hot weather, right?

@angela – i danced for years and years (and still do from time to time), so the arabesque was a combo of that and the inspiration of the top. :) good eye!

• Reply Terri June 16, 2011 at 10:15 pm

On Friday, I plan to post the skirt I made from your tutorial. Mine is a bit longer…but a success!

• Reply Bad Joan June 17, 2011 at 4:14 am

Great look! Love the way you used the scarf!

• Reply Sunday Crossbow June 17, 2011 at 5:02 pm

just found your blog from Kendi Everyday’s Love List. Your blog is amazing. Can’t wait to see more!

• Reply Between Laundry Days June 17, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Bee-yoo-ti-ful. I love that citrusy, summery scarf!