Concrete Catwalk // Shirt to Skirt

June 17, 2011
i had a moment of sartorial desperation the other day.
i knew i was going to wear one of my new scarves,
(this one is from jentine… pretty, no?)
and from there i decided on my vintage sailor shirt,
but i could not for the life of me settle on what to wear on bottom!
none of my skirts would do, and since that’s what i felt like wearing,
(and since we were in a hurry to get to a friends house) i knew it was time to get creative.
i peeked over into g’s side of the closet and snatched his chambray shirt
and what you see above is the end result!
just goes to show that there aren’t many fashion conundrums that
dinner with friends and a yummy bottle of wine won’t motivate you to plow through!
speaking of vino – i hope you have a great weekend, sweetie pies!
don’t forget that sunday at noon (CST) is when the sign ups to the scarf swap close!
oh, and check out the beginnings of my “silk scarf” pinterest board
if you’re looking for inspiration on how to wear your own!
XOXO
scarf – yen
top – vintage, thrifted
necklace – nana’s
bracelets – don’t remember
skirt/shirt – j. crew (men’s)
ring – j. crew
sandals – nine west

• Reply Between Laundry Days June 17, 2011 at 4:00 pm

The fact that you’re posing with wine? Totally rad.

• Reply laurel June 17, 2011 at 4:31 pm

ummm….genius!

• Reply OnTheRacks June 17, 2011 at 4:53 pm

This outfit is seriously magical. You are so creative with that shkirt (shirt/skirt?!). Ha. :)

Love that you are holding a bottle of wine in the photos too — so adorable!! xo

• Reply Jamie @ charmingly ordinary June 17, 2011 at 5:50 pm

I don’t know if I am brave enough to pull this off BUT I lovelovelove it! Fashion is nothing if not fun, right?!

• Reply Sara B June 17, 2011 at 6:18 pm

Stop it you creative genius. Teach me how to tie my shirts into skirts with bows! And I think my fave accessory is the bottle of wine.

• Reply Dazzlemouse June 17, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Ahh! So creative. Love it!
    -Erin

• Reply Terri June 17, 2011 at 10:41 pm

Oh, I want to try this now! I made a skirt with a men’s Fruit of the Loom t-shirt today.

• Reply Kodi June 18, 2011 at 5:23 am

I’m trying to decide if I’m brave enough to try this myself. LOVE.

• Reply Vanessa, Take only Memories June 18, 2011 at 5:05 pm

Beautiful! I just tried wearing a headscarf for the first time a few days ago…was kinda fun but I felt very dressed up…

Here are the results if you’re interested:

• Reply Emily June 18, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Genius! I never would have thought to do that. I especially love how you tied the sleeves into a pretty bow :)

• Reply simplystylishmom June 18, 2011 at 7:56 pm

love the scarf, absolutely love love the chambray shirt skirt: cschkirt?! Nice work! Can’t wait for the scarf swap to begin!

• Reply jentine June 18, 2011 at 10:10 pm

This is how you better show up at my house sometime… a pretty head scarf, a creative skirt and a bottle or 7 of wine.

• Reply Wendy June 19, 2011 at 2:37 pm

What can’t you wear?? Seriously. You are so creative and inspirational! You could make anything into a chic outfit.

• Reply taimitogetdressed June 20, 2011 at 2:28 am

Oh my gosh, wine as an accessory! Perfect. It almost beats your scarf as my most favorite part of your outfit. Love the look!

• Reply Ruby Girl June 20, 2011 at 3:01 am

really enjoying your style, so i’m passing on this award to you over here: http://everrubygirl.blogspot.com/2011/06/mmm-saturday-mornings.html <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

• Reply kathy June 20, 2011 at 3:56 pm

The shirt to skirt? Simply amazing. Methinks my husband has a chambray shirt in his closet somewhere…

• Reply kelsey williams June 20, 2011 at 7:51 pm

Girl, that looks awesome! I am so impressed!!!

• Reply jessie @ the concrete catwalk June 22, 2011 at 6:21 pm

kind of felt funny trying something so different, but i’m so glad it turned out! thanks for your sweet encouragement everyone! i hope i get to see some of you try it for yourself!!!

• Reply Ariana June 28, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Now that is what I call creative!! And it looks great too! Love the bow you made with the sleeves :)

• Reply Melanie July 13, 2011 at 4:01 am

OMG loving the skirt. How did you do it?! I tried so hard but did not succeed haha