Concrete Catwalk // Mustard

May 16, 2011
i’ve had this dress forever (it was $7 at LOFT!)
but had been waiting for a chance to style it up just right,
and a friends graduation seemed like the perfect occasion.
i added a high-waisted vintage slip because the slit kept wanting to play peek-a-boo
and i loved the little touch of lace that it added to the hem.
high heeled oxfords and a floral wrap kept with the ladylike look,
and the snakeskin clutch added just the right amount of edge.
dress – LOFT
necklace – francesca’s
slip – vintage, thrifted
clutch – steve madden, gift from a friend
wrap – urban outfitters
bracelets – j. crew & nana’s
heels – c/o aldo
nailpolish – revlon “minted”

• Reply Francesca May 16, 2011 at 3:33 pm

im dying for that purse

xoxo,
    F

Le Kiss Kiss-Click Here!

• Reply Keri May 16, 2011 at 4:28 pm

I LOVE that you added the slip! Such a great idea and I would have never thought of it. I love the entire outfit actually. That yellow is one of my faves right now, and I actually have yellow Anthro dress I’ve never worn because I’m not quite sure what to wear with it. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

• Reply Looks and Books May 16, 2011 at 4:33 pm

This dress is fantastic! I’m also a big fan of the shoes. Thanks for tagging your nail polish as well–I’ve been looking for a mint color for ages, so I’m glad to know that Revlon makes one!

• Reply Miranda May 16, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Amazing dress, I just adore that color and I love the slip under it

Miranda

• Reply Lynzy May 16, 2011 at 5:25 pm

I actually love how the slip was palying peekabo, the lace looks gorgeous underneath your SEVEN DOLLAR?!? dress! I cannot believe you stole it for the price! :)
    xo Lynzy

• Reply Sara B May 16, 2011 at 5:27 pm

damn girl

• Reply Heather May 16, 2011 at 6:04 pm

You look gorgeous! I love the little lace peeking out. The shoes and bag are adorable as well! What pretty nails – that color is so summer!

• Reply Katie Aman May 16, 2011 at 6:46 pm

What a great color for you! Mustard is definitely one of my favorite colors-it’s so versatile and fun!

• Reply Paula May 16, 2011 at 7:03 pm

I love slip peeking out and what an amazing color! Someday I am going to have to crash your photo shoot and say hi when I am picking my son up from daycare.

• Reply the classy turtle ♥ May 16, 2011 at 7:13 pm

amazing and beautiful!!

• Reply jessie @ the concrete catwalk May 16, 2011 at 9:32 pm

sounds like the slip addition was a good call, afterall! there’s another “slip” outfit post coming this week, so stay tuned! apparently i can’t get enough! (i’ve always loved dressing like a grandma!)

• Reply Katty May 16, 2011 at 9:46 pm

Hi! Saw you on the Style Blogger Map! You and I live nearby! Gotta show some KC love right?

Super cute blog! Can’t wait to read more

Chronicleofasweettooth.blogspot.com

• Reply Kristin May 16, 2011 at 10:29 pm

Ahh your purse, your nails, your jewelery and outfit. Love it all!

Kristin

• Reply Ashlee May 17, 2011 at 2:57 am

The mustard and turquoise are beautiful together! And I love the slip idea…I am always nervous that some old lady is going to rush up to me and tell me that my undergarments are showing. I guess I’ll just have to take the chance, because that looks so cool!

• Reply amanda May 17, 2011 at 1:43 pm

oh this is just BRILLIANT! i love the peek-a-boo lace so very much. and the color is perfect on you. oh, i kinda want to recreate this outfit for myself :)

• Reply Eli May 17, 2011 at 2:19 pm

This dress is so pretty, it looks so delicate and beautiful. Plus you found all these awesome accessories to go together, the more the better!

• Reply stacie May 17, 2011 at 8:03 pm

So pretty! I’ve added slips underneath outfits too, never sure if it was alright to let the lace show, but you pull it off so beautifully. Kudos ;)
    -PrettyBirdieBrown

• Reply Between Laundry Days May 17, 2011 at 11:48 pm

There is something so fabulous about mint nail polish. I love how it compliments that fantastic dress! And the lace layering is perfection.

• Reply kelsey williams May 18, 2011 at 9:03 pm

i love this dress…and shoes…and nail color! you’re gorgeous. :)

• Reply Carrie May 19, 2011 at 3:50 am

I have a dress in the exact same shade. But I packed it away because I didn’t think I could wear it in the spring and summer. You have inspired me! THANKS!

• Reply jessie @ the concrete catwalk May 19, 2011 at 4:06 am

no, YOU’RE gorgeous, kels! :)