Concrete Catwalk // Easter

April 29, 2011
this was the outfit i wore to church on easter sunday with the fam,
and i must say that it was so comfortable, i could have stayed in it all day.
(i did change for our easter dinner, and you’ll see that look monday!)
the caftan was a spur-of-the-moment, ridiculously easy DIY
that i whipped up for myself right before i left KC,
and since i know you will ask me how i did it,
i’ll promise to do a tutorial video for you soon.
if you follow the concrete catwalk on twitter,
you might have seen me tweet about my new handbag…
it was one of my fabulous finds from while i was in scottsdale,
and my mom was kind enough to snag it for me while we were out antiquing one day.
it was only $6 and it has a detachable shoulder strap and lots of interior pockets. LOVE!
the necklace and new silver rings are all from a large collection of jewelry
that i inherited from my nana when she passed away this year.
this trip was the first time i had gotten a chance to look through it all,
so i’m sure you’ll be seeing lots and lots of new baubles and bangles in the upcoming days.
i always feel kind of weird listing where all my jewelry is from (plus, i wear a lot of it!),
so unless it’s available for purchase somewhere
you can just assume that it’s either thrifted, gifted or inherited.
and you know you can always feel free to ask if you ever have any specific questions.
sheer caftan top – homemade by me! (leftover fabric from hobby lobby)
layering cami – old navy
necklace – gift from nana (similar)
skirt – express (similar)
heels – fergie from endless.com (similar)
handbag – vintage, gift from mom

• Reply The Suburb Experiment April 29, 2011 at 3:55 pm

Oooh. I have a bad habit of purchasing vintage fabric (even though I don’t sew) so I can’t wait to see the tutorial. I need to start using up some of it so my husband will quit giving me the side-eye when “Hoarders” comes on. (It’s all contained in my corner of the garage! I swear!)

• Reply hattitude April 29, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Hattitude Artistic Style Blog

i LOVE always your jewellery. I’m a jewellery designer and cannot stop staring at all your bracelets, bangles and watches all the time!

talk soon wild child
    -Hattie
    Hattitude Artistic Style Blog

• Reply Natasha April 29, 2011 at 6:27 pm

Love your post! You are so freaking fabulous. That necklace is wonderful!

I was wondering if you’d be interested in being featured on my blog? I’m relaunching the blog and will have a section called “Style File” and would love to put your picture & link to your blog on it!

If your interested (hope you are!) will you just post your info here: http://bit.ly/etACgT

Thanks, and have a good weekend!

xoxo
    Natasha

• Reply Alicia April 29, 2011 at 10:49 pm

LOVE this sheer top!! I may have to try this diy myself.

• Reply Running on Happiness April 29, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Thanks for stoppping by my blog! You are gorg and I’m loving your boho style! Following of course! Let me know next time you are out in AZ! :)

XO, Katie

• Reply Lisa April 30, 2011 at 12:11 am

um, yes. NEED that tutorial, plz!

• Reply Francesca April 30, 2011 at 12:35 am

u look so gorgeous

xoxo,
    F

Le Kiss Kiss- Click Here!!

• Reply Terri April 30, 2011 at 7:32 am

the caftan is so subtly beautiful!

• Reply Bre April 30, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Great Easter outfit! I love love love that turquoise necklace and flower in your hair. You look beautiful! I love your &6 bag.
    Cheers,
    Bre

• Reply Between Laundry Days April 30, 2011 at 10:52 pm

I just ADORE this easter outfit. So simple, so sheer, so perfect; and with the bright pops of color from your necklace and lipstick, it’s perfectly springy, too. :)

• Reply peanut May 1, 2011 at 2:43 pm

I can’t wait for the tutorial for this! :) The shoes & caftan are perfect together.

• Reply jessie @ the concrete catwalk May 3, 2011 at 3:47 pm

thanks, gals! stay tuned for the how-to… planning on posting tomorrow! XOXO

• Reply A Lost Feather May 4, 2011 at 2:08 am

you made that caftan? ok i’m sold on your blog haha.. it’s so pretty and breezy. awesome job!

• Reply Four Flights May 9, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Love, love the caftan! Wouldn’t it be fab in a beautiful print too?