Concrete Catwalk // Down to Business

April 1, 2011

i wore this outfit to speak to a fashion portfolio class at JCCC last week
and then to a pull for a trend segment i did for a local news station,
and i must say that i really enjoyed playing around with the proportions and styling
of a trend that i’ve seen all over the blogosphere recently.
i am always endlessly drawn to menswear inspired pieces,
but they don’t always make it to the forefront of my outfit rotation, you know?
that might have to change, because the buttoned up silk blouse
and the pleated microplaid trousers with a crisp crease
made me feel like a million bucks.
i think i’d call it my very own version of a power suit.
best of all: the entire look (except for the jewelry, bag & shoes) is thrifted/vintage.
necklace & bag – j. crew
booties – forever21
*also! i’ve got another style segment tomorrow morning on FOX4 news at 7:45am… i’ll be featuring wide-legged denim and 70s styling. if you’re in KC set your DVR’s and if not, feel free to check out some of my past segments on TCC TV!*

• Reply hattitude April 1, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Hattitude Artistic Style Blog

ah i love love love this outift. right down to the beautiful jewellery encasing your wrist! what a perfect blend of all things great! those pants? did you have to alter them? they’re the most awesome find ever!

talk soon wild child
    -Hattie
    Hattitude Artistic Style Blog

• Reply Francesca April 1, 2011 at 2:29 pm

gorgeous outfit!!

xoxo,
    F

Le Kiss Kiss- Click Here!

• Reply classyturtle April 1, 2011 at 2:53 pm

gosh you look absolutely great! don’t you love thrifting things?!?!

• Reply Kate April 1, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Ok, normally I would never say that anything with pleats looks good…but damn girl…that outfit looks amazing on you. How do you always manage to pull off these looks?

Love it!

• Reply Terri April 3, 2011 at 12:07 am

This is a sharp look! I love the short length of the jacket. Does JCCC offer courses on the history of fashion? I’ve been searching for such a course in the KC area.

• Reply Laurel April 3, 2011 at 1:16 am

I love that you wore your jeans from college on TV. You are awesome.

Also, rock that menswear. I love the pants. I have some like this that never get styled because I am so into being some sort of girly/Stevie Nicks-type person and it’s a shame. You look great!