Hair // I Need a New ‘Do

March 8, 2011
we’re back in town and i’ve got about a day to unpack/repack before leaving
for the texas style council conference in austin.
also on my to-do list in the next 24 hours?
heading to the salon for a hair update!
i am feeling really torn about what i’m going to have to julie do this time,
so i thought i’d show you some looks i’ve tried in the past
and see if anyone has any thoughts.
 golden blonde
this is how my hair has been for the majority of my life.
basic (longish) cut, blonde with some highlights
(also, how CUTE is my little brother?!)
silvery blonde
the lightest it’s ever been, this is what it looked like the week before our wedding.
(i’m making that face because i just had my bridal makeup/hair done
and i was sending a photo to my mom.)
 front view
 side view
(hi, daddy!)
the post-wedding chop
i cut off and donated my 17-inch ponytail a few months after we moved to kc
(it had grown even longer after the wedding)
and i loved my piecey short cut, so i kept it this way for almost a year
the growing out process, however, was horrendous; observe…
asymmetrical bob + light reddish brown
collarbone cut + dark reddish brown
(not surprising that two of the only photos
i liked during these phases were with my sweet sara.)
black brown + shoulder length w/ bangs
this was my i’m-totally-bored-with-my-hair-and-there’s-nothing-else-to-do style
i didn’t normally wear my bangs parted like that, but they were always so long
and i’m sure i brushed them aside so that i could see my computer.
(and yes, i have a cat on my backside)
i grew my bangs back out as quickly as i could and added blonde to the ends
ombre color at all lengths
obviously this was a while ago because it’s much longer now,
but i’ve had it in some variation of the ombre trend since spring of 2009
(which means it’s HIGH TIME for an update)
SO, which one is your favorite? any hair trends that you’ve seen that you think i should try?
i love the alexa chung/scarjo-messy-shoulder-length-bob look
but i’m just not sure that i’m ready to chop my locks off again…
what do you think? i’d love for you to weigh in with your comments!

• Reply Kayla March 8, 2011 at 2:21 pm

I must admit I’m slightly irritated that you can wear your hair so many ways and still look so stunning! I think my favorite may be the reddish,brown hue. You are lucky enough to be able to wear your hair at any length, so I say play with it! I’m sure whatever you choose will be fantastic!

• Reply Lynzy March 8, 2011 at 2:35 pm

I have to say that I love you as a blonde! :) COme back over to the blonde side for summer!

• Reply jessie @ the concrete catwalk March 8, 2011 at 2:53 pm

You’re too sweet, Kayla! I definitely love to experiment… thanks for your input!

Lynz, I just might have to take you up on that! ;)

• Reply Faith J. March 8, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Wow, so many different ways you’ve had your hair! I didn’t recognize you as the blonde at first! You really look good no matter what. My faves are the asymmetrical bob and the longer wavy hair. I agree with Lynzy, would love to see you as a blonde for the summer.

• Reply classyturtle March 8, 2011 at 6:27 pm

you look beautiful no matter what you do…I swear…these pictures are proof!
    As far as color…I LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair the reddish brown color!!

• Reply Sara B March 8, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Seeing the pictures of the two of us almost made me start crying for some reason haha. I miss you so much! And I agree with Kayla, you’re so lucky you can wear your hair so many different ways and still look gorgeous! If I had to vote, I would say blonde bombshell (either golden blonde or silvery blonde) just because that was the Jessie I met and fell in love with so it makes me nostalgic :) Plus it would be fun for summer…

• Reply Kassandra March 8, 2011 at 9:38 pm

I love the color now but understand that now and then you need a change. With that, I’d like the silvery blonde for the summer:)
    xoxo and enjoy Austin!

• Reply Anonymous March 8, 2011 at 10:00 pm

I like em all, but especially the last one. Of course I’d love you if you were bald! xoxox Your Father

• Reply jessie @ the concrete catwalk March 8, 2011 at 10:21 pm

thanks for the kind words and helpful input everyone!!! i always love hearing which look people prefer.

and DADDY, i had a feeling you’d find a way to comment on this one. probably not doing the bald thing this time around, but it’s nice to know you’ll love me no matter what. ;)

• Reply Paula March 8, 2011 at 10:35 pm

You look great no matter the color, but I love the golden blonde!

• Reply May March 9, 2011 at 1:10 am

Love these, think that would look really good:

Also, i like the blond better, or a light brown.

• Reply Anonymous March 9, 2011 at 1:27 pm

My name is Sarah I’m just too lazy to create an account… I’m voting keep the long wavy look and go a brighter reddish copperish brown… and I’m a stylist at The Glam Room in the River Market. So.. my vote counts extra!

And I love your blog, you have amazing style!

• Reply Samantha Lewis March 9, 2011 at 8:10 pm

I like the silvery blond.

• Reply Emily March 11, 2011 at 2:40 pm

I agree, silvery blond is my favorite!

• Reply byMelody March 13, 2011 at 6:34 pm

The color you had on your wedding day looks stunning on you! Even if everything looks cute, I would def choose this one ;)

x Melody

• Reply Elissa May 12, 2012 at 6:23 pm

i love your wedding hair the best!