Event // TxSCC Recap

March 15, 2011
i’m back from austin, and it feels like there is so much to say about my trip that i don’t know where to begin!  SXSW is such an amazingly inspiring phenomenon that i was thrilled to be a part of it, and am already looking forward to next year.
the conference was great and i went to and loved most of the events, but my favorite part about the whole thing was all of the new friends i made and the wonderful new-to-me blogs i discovered as a result.
meeting your blog friends in real-life and spending quality time with them is absolutely fascinating to me. there are some that you just know you will click with right away (jentine!), some you feel like you’ve already known forever (katy!), and some that you wish so badly lived in your same town that it breaks your heart (kendi & bryan!)…
loveeeee these girls. we had such a great time together!
photo by bryan skeen
on top of hanging out with the gals pictured above, i enjoyed spending time with:
janette – from fashion loves people and storenvy
(she was my sweet roomate and is my dear friend from SF who i never get to see anymore!)
amy (punky) –  from punkystyle, we’ve almost crossed paths before but i was so glad to finally meet her!
merl – from clyde’s rebirth; i’ve been a follower of her designs for a while now, so it was great to finally meet the vibrant mind behind the gorgeous jewelry
kelsey – of snappy casual; a fellow midwesterner! trying to convince her to come visit KC
michelle – the darling designer behind 81poppies, a line that i instantly fell in love with
erin – from work with what you’ve got; we bonded over topknots and cute spectacles… love this girl
laurel – of trophy boutique; we were already friends online, but it was great to meet IRL
amanda – from off of broadway (girlfriends got some seriously covetable vintage)
rach – of ordinarily urbane; love this girls look, stay tuned for some street style shots
melissa – from shoestring magazine; we noshed on cheese/wine & chatted about being dogmoms
(instant besties? totally.)

…there were SO many fabulous people, that it would take forever to name them all!!!

if you’re stopping by today because we met in texas, please say hi in the comments! i’d love to hear from you, and would love to be able to visit your blog as well!
also, i posted all of the photos i took to the the concrete catwalk facebook page, so feel free to take a peek, and don’t forget to “like” us while you’re there.
XOXO – jessie

• Reply Francesca March 15, 2011 at 4:32 pm

omg love that picture of you! you look gorgeous!!

xoxo,
    F

Le Kiss Kiss- Click Here!

• Reply Melissa March 15, 2011 at 4:32 pm

Cannot tell you how much fun it was to hang/swap/be cheesenerds with you this weekend! Really looking forward to keeping in touch, not to mention visiting you in Kansas City soon. <3 Meliss

• Reply merl March 15, 2011 at 4:40 pm

If my comment comes off as distracted and garbled it’s because I’ve been up since 5 and am also day dreaming about frolicking through a NON snowy field hand in hand with a giant slice of chocolate chip banana bread. It’s creepier than it sounds.

Beyond thrilled to have met you darling.. You personally put KC on my list of cities to audition and I can’t wait to see the city when it warms up with personal style guide! ;)

• Reply Haute Muslimah March 15, 2011 at 4:40 pm

This is such a cute photos! It was so fun meeting you all :)

• Reply Mal March 15, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Hi Jessie, it was SO great meeting you. It looks like the hubs and I will be in your area early July, and I’d love to meet up!

Mallary – The Unique Closet

• Reply Elissa March 15, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Beyond thrilled to have met you! I adore that photo of you…you look so pretty and happy!

• Reply Julie Pinzur March 15, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Cute picture!! It was great to meet you. I will definitely be checking back to your blog in the future. If you didn’t get a chance yet here’s the link to my blog (the link to my etsy shop is on the upper righthand side of my blog. Thanks!!

• Reply amy March 15, 2011 at 7:11 pm

Jessie! It was fab to meet you, my dear. Can’t wait to see you again next year!

P.S.
    My street style blog lives here.

• Reply basiccravings March 15, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Hi, Jessie! It was great to meet you at the conference. Loved your vintage finds AND your adorable business cards.

• Reply stylishyear March 15, 2011 at 7:36 pm

So lovely to meet you and chat this weekend. You are an absolute doll!!

• Reply Future March 15, 2011 at 8:02 pm

Jessie! Loved the pictures…so great to see you in your element and thankful you found a hotel.
    LOVE 81Poppies! Does she use ethical materials? US Made? I’d love to see if we can carry her.
    xoxo, Kassi from Future:Standard

• Reply Lynzy March 15, 2011 at 8:29 pm

I just love attending conferences and meeting everyone IRL. I wish I could have gone to Austin! :(

• Reply Rach is Ordinarily Urbane March 16, 2011 at 3:35 am

Aww I love this! So fabulous spending time with you, my dear. After crushing on your style and business savvy all weekend, I’m so excited to KIT with you :) xo

• Reply wikigirl March 16, 2011 at 4:30 am

The conference looked like so much fun! Wish I could have been there :) Just wanted to let you know that I’ve made a wikifashion page for you here- http://wikifashion.com/wiki/The_Concrete_Catwalk Let me know if you need help with editing it and we also have some blog badges here- http://wikifashion.com/wiki/Wikifashion:Contributors_Needed

• Reply amanda March 16, 2011 at 2:50 pm

it was SO great to meet you!!! i just remember whispering to merl, who is that beauty??? (yeah, i’m creepy) so glad we could talk and hang out. you are super rad. :)

• Reply Kansas Couture March 16, 2011 at 4:27 pm

The one thing that made leaving Austin easier was knowing I’d be hanging with you in KC soon! You’re the best, girl! xoxo

• Reply Angela March 16, 2011 at 6:33 pm

I read Kendi and Jentine’s respective blogs daily, and it’s so crazy to see you all in one photo – you’re like celebrities to me. :)

• Reply Michelle March 16, 2011 at 10:37 pm

It was so awesome meeting you and thank you so much for the love on your blog! xoxo

• Reply Work With What You've Got March 17, 2011 at 3:26 am

I said it already, but you were my favorite surprise. I did not know you before, but I am so glad I know you now. You are GORGEOUS, inside as well as out and I am so glad I have the blog to follow to keep up with you until we can meet again! <3 (Also? Can't wait for the sun to come back out and wear my adorable romper from the shop!)

• Reply jessie @ the concrete catwalk March 18, 2011 at 1:49 pm

still smiling about the whole thing, honestly. :) here’s to TxSCC 2012!!! XOXO

• Reply Janette March 21, 2011 at 1:54 am

Great rooming with you, roomie — such fun, and thanks for such a sweet shout out! xo