Concrete Catwalk // Flower Power

March 29, 2011
if you’re clicking over from my guestpost at sparkling footsteps,
welcome!!!
happy you stopped by, and feel free to say hello in the comments!
and if you’d like to follow along on my adventures,
be sure to check out my twitter, facebook & youtube!

this is probably one of the simplest looks i’ve worn in a while,
with minimal accessories and just the lemony yellow blouse
and sailor-inspired pants to carry me through.
i think both of these pieces will end up getting LOTS of mileage
in my wardrobe during the upcoming seasons,
and i can’t wait to style them up in lots of different ways!
what pieces are you looking forward to styling for spring???
 top – vintage, swapped at the TxSCC, c/o market publique
jeans – urban outfitters
platforms – gift from mom
sunnies – fred flare “carrie”
clutch – vintage, embellished by me (DIY video here!)

• Reply TrophyBoutique March 29, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Such a cute little hippie girl you make!

I looove a good high-waisted flare and even though it took me some getting used to (haven’t worn this style since college) I am glad this look is back!

• Reply archives March 29, 2011 at 3:47 pm

love that clutch idea! uh…might have to steal it ;)

• Reply The Suburb Experiment March 29, 2011 at 3:52 pm

I love this! You look so ready for spring.

Jenn

• Reply classyturtle March 29, 2011 at 4:20 pm

So cute…so great! I just love the simplicity of it as well!!

• Reply amanda March 29, 2011 at 5:51 pm

would you just stop with your totally awesome ideas?!?!?! that clutch is amazing! and yes, i’ll be stealing the idea as well :)

• Reply Kansas Couture March 29, 2011 at 6:52 pm

I am IN LOVE with this look! That top and those pants are both to die for. So, so cute.

• Reply Anjela March 29, 2011 at 7:01 pm

So perfectly simple! I love that top on you, it’s such a great color! And the jeans I’m quite envious of!
    I’m excited to style a couple of maxi dresses I recently purchased (when I was convinced winter was behind us, but that was a miscalculation apparently) as well as nautical ( a summer ‘go-to look’ for me) and boho type styles. Basically, I’m excited to get out of wooly sweaters!

• Reply Elissa March 29, 2011 at 8:54 pm

What a cute 70’s girl you make. Those jeans are so flattering on you. I’m excited to break out my dresses (sand tights!) and sandals once it’s really warm here. A sun dress just means summer to me, you know?

• Reply Market Publique March 29, 2011 at 10:13 pm

The blouse looks so good on you! So glad you got it! Love the whole 70s vibe. So sunny!

• Reply Tanvi March 30, 2011 at 12:26 am

I envy your tiny waist!!! You look AWESOME

♡ from © tanvii.com

• Reply Between Laundry Days March 30, 2011 at 1:51 am

Oh my gosh, this is the most perfect ’70s-inspired outfit!

• Reply Looks and Books March 30, 2011 at 11:52 am

I love the brooches on your clutch! It makes it so much fun.

• Reply jessie @ the concrete catwalk March 30, 2011 at 12:42 pm

thanks, gals! gotta bring that sun in any way possible, right? :)

• Reply hattitude March 30, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Hattitude Artistic Style Blog

i saw this on a guest post over at sparkling footsteps blog. i like the way you kick it. i’m now following :)

this clutch is amazing! what a great great great idea! thanks for posting! i’m gonna go do that with all my old pins! haha

talk soon wild child
    -Hattie
    Hattitude Artistic Style Blog

• Reply jessie @ the concrete catwalk March 30, 2011 at 4:45 pm

thanks for stopping by, hattie! so great to have you, and i’m glad you said hi so that i could come across your blog as well. :)

• Reply Hannah March 31, 2011 at 2:39 am

Yay, we were neighbors at TXSCC! You were so sweet and I’m really happy that I found your blog. Plus, this outfit is adorable!

Oh- chocolate chip banana bread, please! :)

• Reply GFS April 9, 2011 at 12:48 pm

This is simple but chic! All the details are perfect:)

How have you been since Austin!?!? I guess I need to just keep reading your old blog posts to find out huh?!?!